In Montana 1st Liberty has a Community Charter which includes:
Persons who live, regularly work, attend school, worship, perform volunteer services, or participate in associations headquartered in Cascade, Pondera, Teton, Chouteau, or Glacier Counties in Montana. Persons participating in programs to alleviate poverty or distress which are located in said counties; incorporated and unincorporated organizations located in or maintaining a facility in Cascade County, Pondera County, and Teton County, Montana.
Click the following link to find out what county a city is located in: http://www.mtcounties.org
Other means of eligibility include:
- Military and civilian personnel of the United States Government who work or have headquarters at the Malmstrom Air Force Base, Montana; Glasgow Air Force Base, Montana; and Grand Forks Air Force Base, North Dakota.
- Military and civilian personnel of the Great Falls Air Defense Sector who work at or have headquarters at the Radar Stations in Miles City, Havre, Kalispell, or Lewistown, Montana or Fortuna, North Dakota.
- Military personnel of the United States Marine Corps who are stationed at Gore Hill in Cascade County, Montana.
- Military personnel of the United States Department of Defense who are stationed at recruiting offices in Cascade County, Montana.
- Military personnel of the Royal Canadian Air Force who are assigned to or headquartered at Malmstrom Air Force Base, Montana or Grand Forks Air Force Base, North Dakota.
- Contract Technical Service Personnel who work at or have headquarters at Malmstrom Air Force Base, Montana, or Grand Forks Air Force Base, North Dakota.
- Members of this credit union who are stationed at military bases overseas and retain their membership in this credit union.
- Members of the U.S. Armed Forces, active or retired, or their dependents or dependent survivors who are eligible by law or regulations to receive and are receiving benefits or service from the above military installation.
Spouses of persons who died while within the field of membership of this credit union; employees of this credit union; persons retired as pensioners or annuitants from the above employment; members of their immediate families* or household**; and organizations of such persons***.
Membership eligibility is extended only to individuals who are members of an "immediate household" of a credit union member. It is not necessary for the primary member to join the credit union in order for the immediate family or household member of the primary member to join, provided the immediate family or household clause is included in the field of membership. However, it is necessary for the immediate family member to first join in order for that person's immediate family member or household member to join the credit union.
*Immediate family is defined by NCUA as spouse, child, sibling, parent, grandparent, or grandchild. This includes stepparents, stepchildren, stepsiblings, and adoptive relationships.
**Household is defined as persons living in the same residence maintaining a single economic unit.
***Organizations of such persons – An organization or organizations composed exclusively of persons who are within the field of membership of the credit union.